Jamie Dornan's Personal Reflections on Ireland vs. South Africa Rugby Match

Jamie Dornan's Personal Reflections on Ireland vs. South Africa Rugby Match

Jamie Dornan's Personal Reflections on Ireland vs. South Africa Rugby Match

In the recent Rugby World Cup clash between Ireland and South Africa, Jamie Dornan shared a deeply emotional experience, admitting that he was moved to tears three times during the intense match.

The showdown took place last Saturday night at the Stade de France, where Ireland emerged victorious over the Springboks with a final score of 13-8. During an appearance on the "The Good, The Bad & The Rugby" podcast, which featured James Haskell, Mike Tindall, and Alex Payne, Dornan candidly discussed his feelings while watching the game and what it meant to him.

Originating from Holywood, Dornan confessed, "I found myself shedding tears on three separate occasions, and it probably speaks volumes about my emotional state during the match. To be honest, I was incredibly nervous, almost terrified. When I watch Ireland play, I have a hard time sitting still. On this particular occasion, we had some family members over, and I had to explain that I needed the first half-hour to prepare, to have some time alone."

He went on to say, "I was even moved to tears during the playing of both national anthems, and I thought to myself, 'I need to regain my composure... the match hasn't even begun yet.' I made sure to wear a touch of green, as I believed it was an important gesture."

Apart from his emotional journey, the renowned star of "Fifty Shades" also shared insights into his own rugby background during the podcast. Dornan recounted, "This is a story from more than 20 years ago. I had a trial for the Ulster under 21s and sat on the bench for one game. It was an unusual year for me because I had only one exceptional season of rugby, and I wasn't particularly outstanding during my school days. After leaving school, I had one exceptional season of club rugby in Belfast

Comments