Nicki Minaj's Fashion Revelation: A Met Gala Mishap That Led to a Breast Reduction

Nicki Minaj's Fashion Revelation: A Met Gala Mishap That Led to a Breast Reduction

Nicki Minaj has revisited her fashion history, spotlighting a pivotal moment that prompted a significant change in her life.

Recalling her iconic appearance at the 2022 Met Gala, the "Are You Gone Already" rapper reminisced about donning a striking strapless black Burberry ball gown adorned with feathers, complemented by a black hat. Despite the fierce look, the 41-year-old faced a wardrobe malfunction, struggling to prevent her outfit from slipping down.

Participating in Vogue Magazine's Life In Looks series, the mother-of-one unpacked the evening and disclosed that the incident inspired her decision to undergo a breast reduction.

"I just realized, just this moment, that there was something good that came out of this," she shared during the analysis of a red carpet shot. "It’s what cemented the fact – for me – that I had to get my breast reduction."

Detailing her pre-event discussions about the outfit, she explained, "I did my fittings and I told them that I loved this hat, I loved what the outfit was giving. But, I said, 'You guys, listen, these boobs are going to be spilling out.'"

The rapper narrated how, despite her warnings, she observed her outfit challenges in the mirror before the event. "Naomi Campbell was walking in and out of the room looking at me like, 'Girl, let’s go!' I knew, before we even left the room, that the boobs were about to have a night of their own."

Known for her candidness, Nicki addressed the mishap during the event, telling Lala Anthony, "The only unplanned thing about my look is that my boobs [are] popping out. Because they made my cup size a little small."

Amid the unexpected exposure, she humorously added, "Enjoy these titties because you won’t ever see them again." Nicki clarified her presence at the event, expressing her support for her friend Ricardo and emphasizing her love for the hat.

Opening up about her past decisions regarding her appearance, the Grammy winner shared insights into her journey with body image and her "silly" desire for changes. Reflecting on her breast reduction, she told Vogue, "Recently I had to get a breast reduction, and I love it. I used to want a bigger butt, and now I look back and realize how silly that was."

Encouraging self-love, she concluded, "So – love your curves, and love your non-curves. There’s nothing wrong with any of it." Discussing her evolving perspective on body image, Nicki acknowledged her current sense of peace with herself and her appearance.


Comments