Jamie Dornan Faces Disturbing Stalking Incident Post "Fifty Shades" Success



The 41-year-old actor, known for the film trilogy with Dakota Johnson, opens up about dealing with an unsettling stalker situation.

Following the triumph of the "Fifty Shades of Grey" movies, Jamie Dornan confronted a disconcerting encounter with a stalker, as he revealed in an interview with The Independent.

Dornan, who portrayed the lead alongside Dakota Johnson, shared his efforts to maintain a distance from the intense "fandom" surrounding the films. Despite attempting to shield himself and his family from the associated noise, he disclosed an unfortunate incident where someone took their interest to an alarming extent.

Recounting the unsettling experience, Dornan expressed, "I’ve been involved in situations where it’s impacted my family. I had a situation... a stalker-type situation before Covid. That was f---ing scary. Someone turned up at my house when my kids were there... The more I can block that out, the better it is for me and the family."

The Northern Irish actor, whose career soared after the "Fifty Shades of Grey" series, found himself linked to potential roles in major franchises like James Bond and Marvel. However, he remains uncertain about pursuing another high-profile role due to the fallout from the "Fifty Shades" hysteria.

Reflecting on the possibility of joining another popular franchise, Dornan remarked, "I don’t know, because that was a whole fallout from Fifty Shades and the hysteria around that franchise." Despite acknowledging the scrutiny such roles entail, he expressed contentment with his current status.

While hesitant, Dornan indicated openness to a major franchise role if the project captivated him, stating, "I’m not saying I’d never do anything super high-profile again, or a big [intellectual property] with all eyes on it... I probably will. But I’m also really happy with where I’m at right now."

He concluded, "I can live a pretty normal life for the most part. I can sit on the Tube and I’m fine. I’m an ambitious person, and I have a fire under me, but in the last 10 years or so, I’ve realized I don’t want big peaks all the time. That doesn’t interest me. I’m happy to keep ticking over as I am, then one day just disappear and play golf for the rest of my life."

Comments